One of Wisconsin’s Most Experienced and Trusted General Contracting Firms
Established in 1922, we’ve built our reputation for excellence from the ground up. With an unwavering passion for quality construction, we transform visions into reality. From the planning phase through completed building turnover, your experience is custom tailored to fit you.
Pre-Construction ServicesEvery successful construction project begins with a plan. We work together with you, the architectural design team, and consulting engineers to create a roadmap to project success. This spirit of teamwork, cooperation and trust sets the stage for a positive experience.
- Consult on design team selection, if necessary
- Assist architect and design team
- Assist in total project coordination
- Evaluate preliminary plan and prepare cost estimate
- Develop preliminary schedule
- Assist with soliciting and pre-qualifying potential bidders
- Conduct pre-bid and pre-construction meetings
Construction Phase ServicesWe manage all the details of construction, from scheduling to safety to reconciling the final punch list. That means you can stay focused on the day-to-day aspects of running your organization.
- On-site full-time Project Superintendent works closely with Project Manager for top efficiency and communication
- Schedule trade work and material delivery
- Coordinate material storage and other project logistics with the owner
- Inspect and supervise all work to assure a high quality standard
- Implement a project safety program
- Conduct job meetings
- Review shop drawings and submittals
- Approve payments to subcontractors and suppliers
- Reconcile punch list and close out project
Post-Construction ServicesEven after construction is complete, we don’t consider our job “done.” We make sure you’re completely familiar with—and comfortable in—your new facility. That means we assist in developing occupancy plans, managing the building turnover process, and educating your team in maintenance and operations of the new building.
- Assist in developing occupancy plans and schedules
- Transfer operational responsibility to the owner, including check out of utilities, equipment and operational systems.
- Summarize project expenditures for informational, audit, and certification purposes.
- Supervise guarantee program, including overseeing any needed corrections, for one year.
- Monitor receipt of documents, including operations manuals, affidavits, as-built drawings, permits, and other required documents.
- Process final payments and make sure lien release certifications are received.
- Manage building turnover process, including educating the owner’s personnel in building maintenance and operations.
View Our Latest Projects
We have experience in various projects including those in commercial, government, healthcare, industrial and institutional areas.
A Long History of Building Success
Maas Brothers Construction, Inc., is one of Wisconsin’s oldest and most well-respected general contracting firms. Founded in 1922 by brothers Albert W. and Alvin (Ollie) Maas in Watertown, the growing construction business survived the Great Depression and thrived during the post-World War II construction boom. In the 1940s, Albert’s sons, Earl and Albert Jr., joined the family business. Together, they ran the company from 1949 until their retirement in 1990. Earl’s son, Robert Maas, took over management of the company in 1990. Today, as we approach the company’s 100th anniversary, Maas Brothers continues to grow and evolve in an ever-changing construction industry. Thanks to our longstanding reputation for providing quality construction work, many long-term clients—including some dating back to the 1940s and ‘50s—continue to choose Maas Brothers Construction.